In the state of our world today, many businesses and establishments in Malaysia have stopped their operations since coronavirus has made running a company quite hard. Not only is it risky to have a lot of customers coming over to your workplace, but it can be terrifying to be around your colleagues because of the possibility that they may have contracted the virus. As a result, many business owners have opted to hire cleaning company that specialize in disinfection services to ease their minds and make their place safe.
However, you can’t just always depend on professional cleaners. You need to do some needed measures of your own to help and prevent the virus from ruining your company. In this article, we have prepared a coronavirus cleaning checklist for your office, so stick around and learn more!
Set Up a Proper Cleaning Schedule
The first thing you need to do is to set up a proper cleaning schedule. You should create your schedule into three parts: the daily, the weekly, and the monthly cleaning schedules. Doing so will ensure that your place is thoroughly cleaned and sanitized 24/7! It would also be a good idea to assign each schedule to your employees in an alternative manner to be certain that each one is doing their part.
You may set up your cleaning routine by following this list:
- Sweep the floors and dust the office furniture
- Disinfect the cubicles and other surfaces
- Throw out the trash to avoid pests from coming overnight
- Disinfect doorknobs and items people commonly touch
- Vacuum rugs and mop all floors with a disinfectant
- Clean the office’s break room and take out any food left in the fridge
- Wipe all windows and glass
- Organize files and packages to avoid piles
- Clean the bathroom
- Take out any cobwebs that may accumulate on the ceiling
- Deep clean the entire office and disinfect surfaces such as computer keyboard, mouse, telephone, etc
- Get rid of any junk, files, and documents that are not of any use
Ensure That Common Area are Frequently Disinfected
It isn’t surprising to know that one can get the virus when they come in contact with an object that an infected person has touched. Because of this, it’s crucial that you take into consideration all the common areas in your establishment.
Bathrooms, break rooms, and meeting halls are among the places where people come and gather. Thus, you should focus your cleaning and disinfecting more on this area.
List down All the Needed Tools and Solutions
Cleaning and disinfecting during this time of pandemic is no joke which is why you should always be prepared with your tools and solutions. Depending on the type of cleaning (quick cleaning, deep cleaning, or disinfection) you’ll need to have a few items on hand, such as:
- Latex gloves to avoid cross-contamination
- Disinfecting wipes, spray or diluted bleach solution
- Protective face mask and gear
- Microfiber cloths
- And many more
Depending on what tools you have like vacuum cleaners, feather duster, mops, and brooms, ensure that you also make use of them!
Practice Good Hygiene
By the end of the day, it’s only you who can stop the virus from infecting you. Ensuring that you and your employees practice good and proper hygiene will surely make a difference in your workplace.
Always wash your hands when you visit the bathroom and put on some alcohol every time you interact or hold something that others have touched. It’s also a good idea to set up some sanitizers in each part of the office to remind everyone to always disinfect!
Implementing a well-thought and thoroughly prepared office cleaning check-list is among those things that can truly help you and your employees. The next time you step into your workplace, be sure to think about the information we’ve provided!